So it’s been a while since I’ve worked on any SSAS, but today I am happy to announce that there is an up-to-date version of the SSAS Activity Monitor. The solution has had couple of changes to it.
- The Analysis Services dll has been updated to SQL Server 2016. So this versions will work with 2012, 2014 and 2016 instances of SSAS.
- The .Net target has been altered from 4.0 to 4.5.1.
- There is an exe that is outputted as part of the build.
- A redundant project has been removed.
- The code has been moved to github.
If you have been through the commits you’ll see that Marco Russo has been contributing most of this. To be honest, since I have not worked with SSAS directly in about 2 years now, I’ve not been terribly interested in developing any features to this project. So the fact tha someone in the BI Cmmunity has actively sought out to help out in maintaining this project is a big help, and so anyone else who wants to contribute I encourage you to get in touch with Marco or myself to make this project even better.Follow @rPh0enix