(Worth noting that there is a more recent version available here!)
Hi all, yesterday morning I created a project based on an old blog post Upgrade Analysis Services Activity Viewer 2008 to SQL Server 2012. Over the course of the day I made a few changes that I wanted to see myself and this afternoon I have released a beta version, SQL Server Analysis Services Activity Viewer 2012 126.96.36.199, or SSASAV 2012 188.8.131.52 for short.
- Straightened up the UI
- Current queries list refreshed after query is cancelled; sometimes it takes longer for the query to cancel than the refresh to occur, so will sometimes stay on UI. Will fix in update.
- Right click the COMMAND TEXT cell allows you to copy the COMMAND TEXT to clipboard, so that you can copy and paste command to text documents or xmla /mdx windows to execute as reading long list can be awkward
- Added SESSION_LAST_COMMAND from $system.DISCOVER_SESSIONS DMV to Dormant Query Panel
- Added Copy SESSION_LAST_COMMAND to Dormant Query Panel
- Disabled Cancel/Refresh buttons on Dormant Query Panel and Current Query Panel when user has clicked refresh.
- Updated icon
When query is especially long, cancelling query will cause text in COMMAND TEXT to corrupt. Hit refresh to clear.
Feedback here or on the Codeplex site is very much appreciated.
There is a stable version, SSASAV 2012 1.0
SSASAV 2012 is Looking for Volunteeers
I’ve got a few more ideas to add to the project, but if you have any ideas, or want to be a developer on the project, let me know and I’ll gladly consider adding you. I’m not looking for l33t devs here; anyone who has a few ideas and isn’t afraid to do a bit of Googling/Binging/Yahooing to get it done is more than welcome to contribute. Latest source code can be downloaded from:Follow @rPh0enix